Breakthrough Case Management – Statement of Purpose
Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) provides a specialist rehabilitation service and co-ordinates packages of care for adults and children who have brain, spinal and physical injuries.
The services provided by Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) are commissioned by solicitors, court of protection deputies, insurance companies, NHS providers, local authorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups and clients who directly refer to us. The clients may typically have complex care requirements and Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) carries out detailed assessments to establish the level of support required to enable recovery from injury and to improve quality of life.
The service is overseen by Case Managers who are registered nurses and qualified allied clinical professionals. We engage a range of treating therapists to facilitate support and care for the clients who we act as Case Managers or service providers for.
The service is led by the directors who are both qualified nurses; the directors oversee the training and performance management of case managers, team leaders, rehabilitation assistants and support workers.
Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) employ support workers and rehabilitation assistants to provide domiciliary care services, however there are occasions where we support clients with all the practical issues regarding the employment of their own support workers. These services fall within the provision of Personal Care.
Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) assists clients source, train and monitor their support staff, we do this by coordinating the recruitment process including advertising for support workers, holding interviews, requesting references and completing DBS checks (via a third party enhanced DBS provider service).
We make job offers after successful interview; we set up pay roll through external provider companies approved by our appointing solicitors and we facilitate timesheet checks.
We complete client care plans and risk assessments. We monitor the client’s employed support workers through a formal induction process; regular supervision (face to face, meetings, telephone); shadowing and observation during their employment; training and development including completion of the Care Certificate where necessary. Annual appraisals are facilitated by Case Managers or Care Managers with a review of each employed support worker’s performance.
We advise clients on actions required to keep within HR and Health and Safety regulations with supported HR services through Peninsular; FISH Insurance; Markel Insurance and the Federation of Small Business Membership; we provide terms of employment.
Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) currently offers a service in the South and Southwest of England.
We are committed to delivering a Safe, Caring, Effective, Responsive and Well Led service which is fully compliant with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 and the Fundamental Standards of Care.
Our services focus on supporting the client’s personal outcomes, including those aimed at:
- Functional recovery
- Person Centred Care
- Personal aspirations
- Quality of Life
- Community engagement and activities
The aims of Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) are:
Our fundamental aim is to offer a service that improves quality of life, which puts the client first at all times.
- To simplify the rehabilitation journey for individuals with catastrophic injury and for those with multiple care needs and complex care requirements.
- To deliver a person-centered service which means people are treated as individuals and that recommendations for therapy are measured against the best possible outcomes for rehabilitation.
- To deliver comprehensive rehabilitation solutions for our clients following initial assessment of their abilities, healthcare and care requirements.
- To treat them as individuals with dignity and respect no matter their protected characteristics.
- To plan tailored rehabilitation programs that are specific to the individual client; that relate to their injury/care requirements; that are goal based; that are realistic and achievable; that increase functional ability and improve quality of life.
- To enable our clients to participate fully in meaningful activities that increase independence and personal fulfillment, as well as supporting them to be involved within their local community.
- To find the right care and support solutions for our clients who require support in their homes and in the community, to ensure their safety, wellbeing and to enable them to live full lives.
- When possible, we aim to identify rehabilitation and care options that provide opportunities for full recovery following injury or disablement.
- To support our clients and their families through unfamiliar legal processes.
- To facilitate joined up communication between NHS and Private healthcare providers. We work collaboratively with clinical colleagues to ensure the right treatment is delivered at the right time by the right treating therapist.
- To simplify the recruiting process when sourcing care and support workers for and on behalf of our clients through effective recruitment activity in line with regulations.
- To assist our clients by managing support teams that are directly employed by them, ensuring that their care is delivered safely and appropriately and in accordance with national clinical standards.
- To ensure that care and support is well planned and risk assessments are in place.
- To ensure staff support the clients’ dignity and respect, through effective training, policies and procedures, appraisal and supervision.
- To ensure the safety of our clients and staff through training, policies and procedures, supervision and clinical governance.
- To fully safeguard people from abuse through the integration of policies and procedures with local strategies set down by Safeguarding Boards and by working in partnership with allied health professionals and other agencies.
- To develop our service values in line with the 6 C’s of Care, Compassion, Courage, Communication, Commitment and Competence.
- To provide an environment where clients and staff feel cared for and have confidence in the services we provide.
- To be the Case Management provider of choice in the South and Southwest of England for referring solicitors, deputies and clients.
The Objectives of Breakthrough Case Management Ltd (also known as Breakthrough Care Ltd) are:
- To become a leading and respected Case Management Company which provides high quality services that deliver measurable rehabilitation outcomes for clients.
- To provide a Case Management Service which delivers the appropriate care and rehabilitation solutions for the clients at the right time which will result in improved outcomes and wellbeing.
- To ensure our clients receive the best care, therapy and support during their rehabilitation and are empowered to raise concerns or make a complaint without prejudice or fear of recrimination.
- To be fully compliant with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) regulations 2014 and to achieve an award at inspection of no less than good.